Thursday, March 19, 2009

Sleeeepy

Long few days! but at least I drew something!  This time I am working with some water reflections.  I'm not entirely happy with this.  I'll probably draw a few more tonight and post them as time and patience allow.

- - - 

So, yesterday I was totally fried after that drive up to Bakersfield.  I would have liked company and an excuse to visit Mama Roomba's again.  My goodness that place was good.  Instead, however, I refused to let my trip be just for dropping off neglected transcripts and stopped by Murray Family Farms off of the 58 on my way to Bakersfield.  They have a nice little farmer's market with a lot of fresh citris and other stuff.  I got some mediterranean mix olives, some ridiculously ripe strawberries and some citris.  They had samples too - which makes it a lot like lunch.   I admit that I want to go back.  Their Hass avocados were only 3.99 a bag (and that's over 5 of them.)  I picked up some grape fruit and some dried peaches though.

Then today a student suggested eating the strawberries with whipped cream and brown sugar.  That sounds amazing.  I think I shall...

I should really quit fixating on food now.  But so good! 

3 comments:

Jacqui More said...

fresh fruit makes me giddy... I envied you when you told me about it, I can't wait for our farm markets to open up around here...

Too bad we don't live near each other, I woulda taken the ride with ya... long commutes suck when you go alone

Scrappy said...

Bakersfield is the wrong direction...doh...

I think the blue to too deep...maybe more a transparency to it?

Unknown said...

To Jax: I don't mind as long as they're not too-too long. But company certainly makes it nicer.

Also, ha! It's nice living in CA sometimes where the growing season lasts a hell of a lot longer!

To Scotty: Well, the blue looks stark, but I took it from a reference.