Friday, March 20, 2009

Rock Solid

So to clash with the water sketch, I'm turning to rocks.  This is kind of hard for me to get the texture right without going for "cheats" like using paper overlays and other tricks of the trade.  those are fine and good, but I need to figure out how to manipulate otehr brushes aside from my favorite paint and smear technique, which makes everything far too smooth.  

I still need a lot of work in this department.

Textures can be tough with a capital T.

In other news, I substitute taught for Kindergarten again.  I think I'm going to go to sleep before I collapse in fatigue.  It wasn't a bad day.  I had 2-3 bad students, and had to stand in the heat under a beating sun because the two aides who are outside all the time were too lazy to walk to the gym.  I was roasting and sweating from minute one.   Now the aides might be out enjoying it, but I have to go back and talk with parents after another couple of hours.  I'd really like to go back not-sweaty.  Grrr...

So...I said I was sleeping, huh?  Good Night!

2 comments:

Jacqui More said...

like it!
also like the book montage, I'm seeing some familiar covers in there!!

Unknown said...

Yeah, I love goodreads.com. :D