So, it's late....and I'm super late with my daily art. Of course, taking a CSET (California Subject Exam for Teachers) sort of threw off the schedule. I must admit I spent more than the planned hour on my daily art today too, but meh. That's what driving to Bakersfield does.
So! The drawing! Yes, he is as ugly as it gets. Drawing ugly things is so easy. You don't have to worry about the distortions! As much as creatures don't challenge me too much, I wanted to play with textures on his face. It's a gnarled ol' face with veins trying to kink up the works.
What spawned the motivation to paint such an uggly thing? Why, the Dark Crystal of course! It was so bizarre, but it was one of those 80's movies that I kinda remember as a kid, along with Neverending Story and a few others. What's cool though is that they're making a sequel! I still have no idea what to expect, but I hope they do an interesting job.
The sad thing is that we'll have to wait until 2011 to see it.
2 comments:
NICE!!!! Gnarled ol' face HAHA
I loved that movie!
Post a Comment