Thursday, April 9, 2009

Cross-hatching the London Underground

Today, you get a picture inspired by Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman.  Good book so far.  So I drew Richard, the main character from the story.  I did this at work while the jr. highers did their work.   Drawn in pen then used colored pencils for the colors.  I darkened his hair and some of the background with an expo marker laying around the classroom.  It was better than a permanent marker, which have an odd shiny look to them.

I also went and bought some new art supplies today, and can't wait to play with them.  At Michael's they have a product line that is five bucks:  36 colored pencils, 18 watercolor pencils, a set of watercolors, oil pastels, chalk pastels or acrylic paints.  For those non-art buffs those are really good prices.  

I also bought a watercolor pad.  I think I'll start playing with those.  

No comments: