Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Landing on Europa

Well, I am back again, for now. It's time to do some more doodling. Right now I've found a site to keep me generally honest in keeping up with my artwork challenges. That is, www.ConceptArt.org . It's got several neat community sections of the site designed to challenge artists to improve. This is part of their not-so-daily sketch group. Every few days they release a new topic. Fun, right?

So this one was titled Mid-Sized Manned Sub Touches Down on Icy Crust of Europa. My sub is pretty boring and some of these guys on there are incredible, but it's a start, for me. (Click the link if you want to see the other entries).

They also have a Creature of the Week challenge, Character of the Week, Environment of the Week, Industrial of the Week and Panel of the Week. I don't expect I'll do every single one. Drawing the "erotic toy" from the industrial challenge is just...tasteless. Though I suppose there are ways to make it less risqué like a kissing machine wearing a goofy t-shirt like my friend, Kirstin suggested. Still, I don't think I will do that one.

No comments: